Resources & Signage
Main Page Content
- Government of Ontario COVID-19 Workplace Safety Plan Toolkit serves as a guide for employers who are currently operating or planning for a return to business. It provides information that will help businesses and workplaces to assess their risk and implement controls to ensure the safety of employees and customers
- Guide to the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Hierarchy of Controls for COVID-19.
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety Pandemic (COVID-19) Tip Sheets
- Infrastructure Health and Safety Association COVID-19 Links & Resources
- Public Services Health & Safety Association Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Centre contains links and resources for workers and employers.
- Workers Health & Safety Centre COVID-19 Resources
- Workplace Safety & Prevention Services COVID-19: Keeping safe during the pandemic
- WSIB Ontario Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
- Canadian Business Resilience Network Videos and Webinars
- Maytree’s ‘Five Good Ideas: Home Office Series’ shares information about reopening workplaces and re-examines and lessons learned over the course of the COVID-19 crisis.
- Public Services Health & Safety Association Return to the Workplace Virtual Conference provides guidance and innovations that can be used to keep employees and customers healthy and safe, explores how COVID-19 has impacted the people we work with, the places we work, and the things we do at work.
- Workplace Safety & Prevention Services Coronavirus Preparedness for Employers and Employees: ENG | FRE
- Occupational Health Clinics for Ontario Workers Inc. & Workers Health and Safety Centre Ergonomic tips for working from home in Ontario during COVID-19
- Ontario Chamber of Commerce Webinars
- Windsor-Essex County Health Unit and Family Services Windsor-Essex Healthy at Work Series: How to be Financially Fit in 2020 and Beyond
- Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce Business Briefs Interactive Webinars
- Workers Health & Safety Centre - Confronting COVID-19: Effective Cleaning and Disinfecting in Non-Health Care Workplaces
- Workers Health & Safety Centre - Confronting COVID-19: Understanding the Worker Right to Refuse Unsafe and Unhealthy Work in Ontario-regulated Workplaces
- Workers Health & Safety Centre - Confronting COVID-19: Implementing the Precautionary Principle and Hierarchy of Hazard Controls
- Workers Health & Safety Centre - Confronting COVID-19: Working in Construction During the Pandemic
- Workers Health & Safety Centre - Confronting COVID-19: Use of Masks and Respirators for Worker Protection
- The Ontario Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Pandemic Preparedness Toolkit for Ontario Businesses
- The Small Business Centre has also developed a Business Planning Guide to help businesses navigate COVID-19 that can be used as a reference for the processes of initiating a risk assessment, implementing the relevant control measures, and involving all stakeholders of the business and workplace in communication and evaluation.
- Public Services Health & Safety Association Readiness Assessment is a self-administered questionnaire that will help businesses asses how prepared they are to safely and sustainably resume operations in the workplace during COVID-19.
- Public Services Health & Safety Association Return to the Workplace Roadmap is a framework intended to assist employers in building a dynamic and sustainable return to the workplace plan in three stages: planning, implementation, and operational stage.
- Workers Health & Safety Centre (WHSC) Your Workplace COVID-19 Pandemic Plan: A Checklist was developed in March, however, it still remains relevant.
- Osler created ‘The Employer’s COVID-19 Return to the Workplace Playbook’ which outlines key considerations for business owners and employers when reopening to ensure the health and safety of employees and stakeholders.
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety Business Continuity Plan: Flu and Infectious Disease Outbreaks
- Workplace Safety & Prevention Services Post Pandemic Business Resumption Checklist for Businesses Operating Through the Pandemic
- Workplace Safety & Prevention Services Post Pandemic Business Resumption Checklist for Businesses Returning after Shutdown of Operations
- Workplace Safety & Prevention Services Post Pandemic Business Resumption Checklist for Businesses Returning to the Workplace after Working Remotely
- The Public Services Health & Safety Association has created a COVID-19 Prevention & Response Policy sample template that can be used by workplaces as they implement the relevant measures and policies to keep employees safe. It outlines the general responsibilities of workplaces, employers, supervisors, and workers in terms of the procedures required to control the spread of infection in the workplace.
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) developed the COVID-19 Tip Sheet: Reopening for Businesses which contains best practices for both employers and workers to prevent the spread of infections.
- Public Services Health & Safety Association Readiness Assessment is a self-administered questionnaire that may also help businesses asses their preparedness to safely reopen and sustainably resume operations in the workplace during COVID-19.
- Public Health Agency of Canada Preventing COVID-19 in the Workplace: Employers, Employees and Essential Service Workers
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety Prevent the Spread Infographic
- Government of Canada’s ‘Risk-informed decision-making guidelines for workplaces and businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic’ provides more detailed information about identifying risk and implementing risk mitigation strategies.
- Public Services Health & Safety Association Risk Assessment and Job Hazard Analysis
- International Labour Organization Prevention and Mitigation of COVID-19 at Work: Action Checklist
- Public Health Agency of Canada Vulnerable Populations and COVID-19 is available in a variety of languages
- Public Health Ontario How to Protect Yourself from COVID-19: Older Adults and People with Chronic Medical Conditions or Weakened Immune Systems
- COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool from eHealth Windsor eHealth Windsor Essex or the Government of Ontario
- The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) COVID-19 Screening Tool template can be printed and used by businesses and workplaces to pre-screen their staff or employees before entering the work environment.
- Public Safety Health & Safety Association COVID-19: Worker and Employer Duty to Report fast fact sheet provides the basic information employers and workers need to know about the various responsibilities in reporting illness.
- Public Safety Health & Safety Association COVID-19 Inspection Checklist for Joint Health and Safety Committees was created to provide assistance to Joint Health and Safety Committees in assessing the various aspects of the workplace setting. This will allow employers to determine if there are any actions needed to resolve potential issues that could compromise the health and safety of workers.
- Ministry of Health COVID-19 Test Results Website can by employees and staff to check their results if they were tested for COVID-19.
- Health Canada Hard-surface disinfectants and hand sanitizers (COVID-19).
- Health Canada List of disinfectants with evidence for use against COVID-19.
- Public Health Agency of Canada Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces provides guidance on cleaning and disinfecting of public settings, including public transit, communal residences, and workplaces in multiple languages.
- Public Health Ontario Cleaning and Disinfection for Public Settings provides detailed instruction on how to identify, clean, and disinfect frequently touched objects or surfaces are most likely to be contaminated.
- Windsor-Essex County Health Unit Proper Cough & Sneeze Practice Poster
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety Take the Time to Wash Your Hands Poster
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety How to Use Hand Sanitizer Poster
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety Wash Your Hands Sticker
- Wolfhead Distillery has been selling hand sanitizers at a cost of $8 per 350 ml bottle and $15 for a 750 ml bottle.
- Chemfil Hand Soaps & Sanitizers
- Colby Spirit and Wine Limited
- Hiram Walker & Sons Distillery has been producing hand sanitizer since March 2020. They have been donating products to community organizations in need, however, it remains unclear if they are selling direct-to-consumer distribution or if the products can be ordered from their website.
- Occupational Health Clinics for Ontario Workers Inc. Safely Working From Home Portal provides an abundance of information, guidance, and videos on fitting your workstation to you, instead of contorting yourself to fit it.
- Occupational Health Clinics for Ontario Workers Inc. Virtual Home Office Ergonomic Assessments provides tools and resources around the issue of incorporating ergonomics in the set up of workstations when working from home.
- Public Services Health & Safety Association Staying Productive While Working from Home
- Small Business Centre How Your Workplace Can Help Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
- Workforce WindsorEssex Working From Home Resources provide helpful tips for employers who are exploring or have already implemented remote work from options in their respective business or workplace. There are also helpful tips for employees to remain productive and healthy while working from home.
- Workplace Safety & Prevention Services Guidance on Health and Safety for Curbside Pickup and Delivery Services during COVID-19
- Workplace Safety & Prevention Services Working from a Remote Office provides resources for employers who have employees working from home to promote physical health, mental health, and overall productivity
- Public Health Ontario Masking for Source Control of COVID-19: Considerations for Workers in Non-Healthcare Settings
- Public Health Ontario Synopsis: 2019-nCOV – What We Know So Far About Wearing Masks in Public
- Public Health Ontario Non-medical Masks and Face Coverings (Current as of May 21, 2020)
- Public Health Ontario (PHO) When and How to Wear a Mask: Recommendations for the General Public
- Ministry of Health COVID-19 Guidance: Essential Workplaces
- Government of Canada’s Guidelines on wearing non-medical masks and how to make your own
- Government of Ontario Wear a face covering when physical distancing is a challenge: dos and don’ts poster
- Public Health Ontario’s Risk Algorithm to Guide PPE Use provides a simple way to determine if PPE might be required for specific tasks.
- Public Health Ontario Recommended Steps: Putting On and Taking Off Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- PPE Supplies
- The Workplace PPE Supplier Directory has an up-to-date list of Ontario companies and business associations that are ready to supply personal protective equipment to keep your employees and customers safe from COVID-19. You may have to join a waiting list before getting access to supplies.
- Mental Health Commission of Canada Resource Hub: Mental health and wellness during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Workplace Safety & Prevention Services COVID-19: Mental Health Resources
- Workplace Safety & Prevention Services ‘While managing COVID-19 watch for signs of Mental Health Risk’ Poster
- The Conference Board of Canada has a hub for mental health resources during COVID-19
- Windsor-Essex County Health Unit Mental Health webpage contains more information about the mental health implications of COVID-19 and some helpful resources
Max Capacity Sign
Park Signs - 12x18 signs
Stand Here - 12x12 Circle Floor Sticker
Please Stand Back - Sign
Please Sanitize Before Entering - Sign
This Area Cleaned - Table Tent
Do Not Use Work Station - Table Tent
Don't Enter If Sick - Sign
Wear Mask - Sign
Complete Assessment - Sign
Wash Hands - Sign
Thank You For Wearing a Mask - Sign
The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit’s Workplace Mental Health Promotion & COVID-19 web page contains more information, resources, and tools for maintaining positive mental health and psychological wellness in the workplace during COVID-19.
Tuesday, August 11, 2020 - 3:44pm