Main Page Content
The WECHU is committed to providing timely and credible information to the residents of Windsor-Essex.
We want to ensure you get the answers you need as quickly as possible.
Our current priority for calls are:
- Health care providers who are seeking or reporting information.
- Residents who have travelled to affected areas.
- Residents who have recently travelled outside of Canada, including the United States AND are experiencing symptoms of novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Close contacts of residents who have recently travelled outside of Canada and are experiencing symptoms of novel coronavirus (COVID-19); fever, coughing, and difficulty breathing.
If you have recently travelled and are experiencing symptoms exercise precaution by isolating yourself from others and immediately call your health care professional or Windsor-Essex County Health Unit @ 519-258-2146 ext. 1420.
Note: We are currently experiencing significant call volume on our phone lines.
It is very important that we ensure that priority calls are managed to enable the WECHU to appropriately and effectively respond to the current situation in our community related to COVID-19. If you have general questions or concerns about COVID-19, we kindly ask that you review the information on our website.
Client Feedback Survey
Donating Medical Supplies
Health care and first responder partners throughout the City of Windsor and the County of Essex are appealing to businesses who may have supplies that are integral to keeping frontline workers safe in the fight against COVID-19.
Required supplies include:
- Respirators, Honeywell 5500 Series and NIOSG P100 filter cartridges
- N95 masks (model number: 3M18710, 3M9210 or 3MVFlex). If you have another available model of N95, please let us know so that we may assess if it is something that can be utilized.
- Nitrile gloves
- Battery-operated infrared medical thermometers
- Disposable impermeable gowns
- General surgical masks
- Hand sanitizer and/or disinfectant
- Sanitizer wipes
- Safety goggles
If you have any of the above, please contact the City of Windsor via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. City of Windsor and County of Essex staff will coordinate the pick up of items, beginning on Monday, March 23 in any area of region.