Health Care Providers
Main Page Content
Sign into the member area to make cessation referrals, view resources, newsletters, learn about events.
The majority of people who use tobacco want to quit. As a health care provider you can make a difference and help your clients quit smoking in just a few minutes. As a member of the Windsor-Essex Cessation Community of Practice you will have access to resources, tools, and support to help you in developing cessation services for your clients.
Cessation Community of Practice
The Windsor-Essex County Cessation Community of Practice aims to improve access to comprehensive cessation programs for those living within Windsor-Essex by:
- Building capacity among members to offer tobacco cessation services and programs.
- Working to remove gaps in local cessation services and programs.
- Building supportive relationships across member organizations.
- Providing knowledge exchange and training opportunities.
- Regular updates.
Who Should Join?
Anyone who has an interest in or works in the area of tobacco cessation in Windsor-Essex County can join the community of practice. We encourage representatives and healthcare professionals to join:
- Nurse practitioners
- Respiratory therapists
- Diabetes educators
- Oral health professionals
- Occupational health nurses
- Social workers
- Addiction counsellors/outreach workers
You Can Make it Happen
“You Can Make it Happen” is a source of information, tools, and resources about tobacco cessation for healthcare providers. The website is provided by Public Health Units and Smokers’ Helpline.
Visit the You Can Make It Happen website to find the following:
- Information about Nicotine Replacement Therapy
- Integrating the 5A’s into your daily practice
- Resources tailored to your practice setting
- Resources for clients
- Training opportunities for staff
If you are interested in joining the Windsor-Essex County Community of Practice, or have any questions