WECHU IPAC Hub
Information and resources for infection prevention and control (IPAC).
The WECHU is the lead IPAC Hub for Windsor and Essex County, working collaboratively with local Hub Partners to deliver enhanced infection prevention and control support to congregate living settings as part of the province’s Keeping Ontarians Safe: Preparing for Future Waves of COVID-19 comprehensive plan.
We serve all congregate living settings in Windsor and Essex County with IPAC assistance and support including:
- Long-Term Care Homes
- Retirement Homes
- Farm and Agricultural
- Child Care
- Group Homes
- Supportive Housing
- Residential Treatment Centres
All congregate living settings should assess needs for, develop, and evaluate an IPAC program to reduce infection transmission and improve health care safety.
Congregate living settings will be able to collaborate with WECHU’s IPAC Hub for direct support in best practices, timely advice, and assistance for both IPAC prevention and response. IPAC support and services offered include:
- IPAC assessments, including recommendations and implementation support.
- IPAC training and mentorship, including education (e.g., environmental cleaning, personal protective equipment use)
- Outbreak management and planning
- On-site visits and consults
- IPAC program support through the IPAC Hub Engagement Strategy
These services are provided to you at no cost and personalized to fit your facility’s needs.