This section provides information for vaccine providers regarding Ontario’s Universal Influenza Immunization Program (UIIP).
The Health Protection and Promotion Act 1990 (HPPA), R.S.O., 1990, outlines the requirements for physicians, practitioners, laboratories, and institutions to report any suspect or confirmed influenza cases to the Medical Officer of Health. This information is collected under Regulation 569 of the HPPA. Influenza is to be reported by the next working day. If the individual presents with a novel or emerging respiratory infection, please report immediately to the Medical Officer of Health.
Ontario’s Influenza Immunization Program
- General information regarding influenza
- 2023/2024 Universal Influenza Immunization Program (UIIP)
- Ministry of Health Memo to Health Care Providers Re: Ontario’s UIIP Program
- Ministry Of Health Memo to Hospital Administration of COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccines
Information for Influenza Vaccine Providers
- Vaccine Storage and Handling Guidelines
- Vaccine information for vaccine providers
- National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI): Canadian Immunization Guide Chapter on Influenza and Statement on Seasonal Influenza Vaccine for 2023/2024
- Product Monographs: Flulaval Tetra; Fluzone QIV; Fluzone HD QIV; Fluad Pediatric
Health Care Provider Qs & As
- Information for the 2023/2024 Influenza Season
- Information for individuals 6 months to 64 years of age
- Information for individuals > 65 years of age
Influenza Immunization Awareness Posters
- Browse a list of downloadable immunization posters from Immunize Canada, available in English and French.
Adverse Events Following Immunization (AEFIs)
- Canadian Immunization Guide section on early vaccine reactions including anaphylaxis (includes details on the management of anaphylaxis).
- Adverse Events Following Immunization (AEFIs)
- Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care. Universal influenza Immunization Program (UIIP).
Diagnostic Testing Updates
- Public Health Ontario Laboratory: Influenza testing with nasopharyngeal swab
- Public Health Ontario Laboratory: Labstract (October 2020) - Respiratory Virus Testing Update