Main Page Content
This section is a source of information for health care providers to guide them in their clinical practice including reporting processes and updates on testing and care in Windsor-Essex County.
The Health Protection and Promotion Act 1990 (HPPA), R.S.O., 1990, outlines the requirements for physicians, practitioners, laboratories, and institutions to report any suspect or confirmed influenza cases to the Medical Officer of Health. This information is collected under Regulation 569 of the HPPA. Influenza is to be reported by the next working day. If the individual presents with a novel or emerging respiratory infection, please report immediately to the Medical Officer of Health.
- General information regarding influenza
- Information for Windsor-Essex County providers who administer influenza vaccines
- National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI): Chapter on Influenza and Statement on Seasonal Influenza Vaccine for 2018-2019
- Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care. Universal influenza Immunization Program (UIIP).
- Influenza Vaccines available for Children and Older Adults for the 2018-19 Influenza Season
- Diagnostic Testing Updates:
- Treatment Updates:
- Association of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Disease (AMMI) Canada: Algorithms for oseltamivir and zanamivir treatment of influenza
- Public Health Ontario: Antiviral medications for influenza: Information for health care providers