Main Page Content
When storing food in a refrigerator, it’s important to cover and place the food in a way that helps to keep it from getting cross-contaminated with drippings or juices from other foods.
- Keep food wrapped or covered.
- Use shallow pans for quick cooling.
- Store ready-to-eat foods above raw meats to prevent cross-contamination.
- Store your cooked and ready-to-eat foods (i.e. milk, cheese, deli) on the upper shelves.
- Store unwashed fruits, vegetables and reheatable foods in the middle shelves.
- Store raw meats (i.e. poultry, beef, pork) and seafood on the bottom shelves.
Friday, March 12, 2021 - 1:55pm