Where can I get a TB skin test (TST)?

You can ask your primary health care provider (e.g., family doctor) for a TST. If your primary health care provider does not offer testing, you may visit a clinic in Windsor and Essex County.  Call ahead to make sure they offer TSTs and ask about any costs. In some cases, TSTs are covered under OHIP.

The Health Unit does not offer TSTs for school, employment, or volunteer purposes. You can have a free TB skin test at the Health Unit if you:

  • Are a contact of an active TB disease case, OR
  • Need it for a medical purpose (for example, before starting certain medications).