What is a sewage backup?
A sewage backup occurs when there are problems with the plumbing system in your home and water containing harmful germs enters your home.
What is the health concern of a sewage backup?
Direct contact or ingestion of sewage water can cause you to become ill.
What to do if you have a sewage backup?
- Remove yourself, children, and pets from the affected area.
- Never come into direct contact with sewage (use protective clothing).
- Turn off power if there’s standing water or the possibility of wires getting wet.
- Contact your landlord if you are a tenant.
- Contact a plumber if you are a home owner.