The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit provides confidential support services that contribute to healthy sexuality.
These services are available at our Windsor and Leamington locations (unless otherwise specified):
- Free condoms (available at reception)
- Birth control at cost (prescription required)
- Emergency contraceptive at cost; Windsor location only (prescription required). If you are under 25 years of age, please call the Teen Health Centre at 519-253-8481.
- Human Papilloma Virus vaccine at cost or free to those who qualify (dispensed to your health care provider with a prescription)
- Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B vaccine for free to those who qualify (dispensed to your health care provider with a prescription)
To learn more about the WECHU’s services, please call the Infectious Disease Prevention department at 519-258-2146 x 1420.
If you have concerns about your sexual health, speak with your doctor or health care provider for support and treatment. To find a doctor in Windsor and Essex County, visit our Find a Doctor section.
If you are under 25 years of age, you can visit the Teen Health Centre.
Health care providers can visit our Health Care Providers section of the website for additional information and resources. Our Infectious Disease Prevention staff are also available to answer questions by contacting 519-258-2146 x 1420.
For more information about sexual health, STIs, contraception, fertility, and healthy sexual relationships:
- Sexual Health Ontario | www.sexualhealthontario.ca
A sexual health expert is available through their online Live Chat service or you can call their free Sexual Health Infoline Ontario at 1-800-668-2437.
- Sex & U | www.sexandu.ca
- Government of Canada | Sexually transmitted and blood-borne infections: Guides for health professionals