Issued: Friday, March 24, 2023 | 10:00 a.m. | Windsor-Essex County
As of March 24, 2023, there are 441 elementary school students suspended due to missing vaccinations as required by the Immunization of School Pupils Act (ISPA) R.S.O.1990 or immunization records that have not yet been submitted to the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit (WECHU).
The WECHU will continue to offer clinics Monday to Friday. Children who are ill should stay home and only be immunized when they are well.
To have the child’s suspension order lifted, parents/guardians must do one or more of the following so that their child’s immunization is up to date:
- Book an appointment for their child to receive the missing vaccines or provide a valid exemption from their health care provider.
- Ask their health care provider to fax the child’s updated immunization records to the WECHU @ 519-258-7288.
- Bring their child’s immunization record to the WECHU Windsor or Leamington location.
- Update their child’s record at immune.wechu.org (must upload proof).
- Attend a WECHU walk-in clinic. For more details, visit wechu.org/getimmunized.
Once the student’s record is up to date with the WECHU, the student may return to school.