Meeting Document Type:
CEO and MOH Performance Appraisals Policy
CEO and MOH Performance Appraisals
Board of Health
DATE OF ISSUE
To ensure that regular performance appraisals are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with human resources best practices.
The Board of Health will conduct performance appraisals with both the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the Medical Officer of Health (MOH) individually, annually or more often as determined by the Board. The goals of the performance management shall be:
- To maximize performance potential
- Identify short term and long term strategic goals
- Identify strengths and weaknesses for the purpose of development efforts
- In the first quarter of each year the MOH and CEO individually will complete a self-assessment report for the previous year and submit to the Board Chair.
- Each review will be conducted by the Chair and Vice-Chair of the Board. A meeting to discuss the review results. Following the meeting, the Board will be informed of the outcome of the review and discuss accordingly.
- Goals and objectives outlined in the review will be shared with the Board for discussion.
- The final review once approved will be stored in the employee’s personnel file.