This report provides a status summary for all of the 2019 Annual Service Plan program interventions that were in progress in Q2 (April 1st to June 30th).
All active interventions received a status update using the following categories:
- On Target (the intervention is progressing at the planned pace)
- Variance (the intervention is behind the planned pace)
- Complete (the intervention has been completed)
- Deferred (current work on the intervention has been stopped – with potential to continue next year)
- Cancelled (the intervention will no longer occur)
If the intervention was identified as ‘Variance’, ‘Deferred’, or ‘Cancelled’, a reason was provided. In these cases, the most relevant reason was selected from the following list:
- 2019 Labour Disruption (the labour disruption resulted in changes to the intervention)
- Adjusted Program Priorities (program priority alterations resulted in changes to the intervention)
- Human Resource Issue (staffing circumstances resulted in changes to the intervention)
- Partnership Limitations (external partner(s) did not to meet their obligations)
- Public Health Emergency (a significant public health emergency resulted in changes to the intervention)
- Resource Limitation (financial, material, or internal support limitations resulted in changes to the intervention)
It is important to note that reporting reflects a summary of progress made on interventions based on the predetermined milestones for the intervention. This does not necessarily represent the amount or scope of work captured under each program.
Operational Plan Status Summary
Overall Quarterly Status Summary
There were 235 interventions in progress in Q2 2019. Figure 1 displays the percentage of interventions that were on target, reported a variance, were deferred, were cancelled, or were completed. A majority of the interventions were either on target or completed (63%), though 10% of the interventions were cancelled or deferred until the following year.
Of the 235 interventions in progress, 87 (37%) were either deferred, cancelled, or varied from the target. Figure 2 provides a summary of the reasons for variances, deferrals, or cancellations as a percentage of the total number of variances, deferrals, and cancellations.
Of the interventions that were deferred, cancelled, or varied from the target, the most common reason given was adjusted program priorities (34%), this was followed by the 2019 labour disruption (30%), and human resources issues (22%). The labour disruption and proposed changes to public health operations directly impacted the priorities and human resources allocated to interventions. Combined, the labour disruption, program priority adjustments, and human resource issues accounted for 86% of the variances, deferrals, or cancellations of interventions.
Program Quarterly Status Summary
All interventions are directly tied to programs and program objectives; Figure 3 displays a summary of the status updates for each WECHU program based on the number of interventions that were on target, varied from target, were completed, were deferred, or were cancelled. In general, programs most affected by the labour disruption or the proposed changes to public health operations displayed the highest frequency of variances, cancellations, or deferrals.