Issued: Tuesday, March 7, 2023 | 10:00 a.m. | Windsor-Essex County
As of March 6, 2023 there are 3,190 elementary school students at risk of school suspension on March 20, 2023 due to missing vaccinations as required by the Immunization of School Pupils Act (ISPA) R.S.O.1990 or immunization records that have not yet been submitted to the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit (WECHU).
Primary health care providers often administer many of these vaccines. Parents/guardians of children who received their vaccines from their health care provider are responsible for reporting their child’s information to the WECHU. Reporting vaccination information is fast and easy, and can be done online as noted below. Parents/guardians can watch this short video explaining how to report their child's immunization record online.
To avoid their child’s suspension from school, parents/and guardians can:
- Book their child an immunization appointment at one of the WECHU offices. A variety of clinics are planned, by appointment only. Public health nurses are available to update the child’s immunization record and/or administer vaccines if needed. Appointments can be booked online or by phone at 519-960-0231.
- Contact their child’s health care provider to receive any missing vaccinations or immunization documents. Parents/guardians are required to report this information to the WECHU.
- Submit updated immunization records to the WECHU by:
- Secure Online Reporting: immune.wechu.org
- Phone: 519-960-0231 or 1-800-265-5822 ext. 1222 (toll-free)
- Fax: 519-258-7288