Main Content Region
Main Page Content
The WECHU is committed to providing timely and credible information to the residents of Windsor-Essex.
COVID-19 Test Results
Individuals seeking their COVID-19 test results can check them here or contact the assessment centre where the test was conducted. All confirmed positive cases will be contacted by the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit.
Please be advised that the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit does not regularly provide copies of COVID-19 testing results and does not provide notes for employees returning to work.
Public Health Guidance for Professionals and High Risk Groups
Staying Healthy at Home
We want to ensure you get the answers you need as quickly as possible.
Our current priority for calls are:
- Individuals who have tested positive.
- Individuals and facilities involved in an outbreak investigation.
- Individuals who have a pre-existing vaccination appointment.
- Inquiries from individuals who are currently eligible to receive a vaccine.
If you recently received a positive or negative test result, are a close contact, or had a possible exposure to COVID-19 and are looking for guidance, please visit Have COVID-19 or been exposed?
Note: We are currently experiencing significant call volume on our phone lines.
Most general questions can be answered using the information on our website. You can also see our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
If you cannot find the answer you are looking for, please call 2-1-1 from your phone. If you still require assistance, please call the WECHU at 519-258-2146.
Get Email News Updates
Latest Video Briefing - Public Health Updates Related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Client Feedback Survey
Donating Medical Supplies
Health care and first responder partners throughout the City of Windsor and the County of Essex are appealing to businesses who may have supplies that are integral to keeping frontline workers safe in the fight against COVID-19.
Required supplies include:
- Respirators, Honeywell 5500 Series and NIOSG P100 filter cartridges
- N95 masks (model number: 3M18710, 3M9210 or 3MVFlex). If you have another available model of N95, please let us know so that we may assess if it is something that can be utilized.
- Nitrile gloves
- Battery-operated infrared medical thermometers
- Disposable impermeable gowns
- General surgical masks
- Hand sanitizer and/or disinfectant
- Sanitizer wipes
- Safety goggles
If you have any of the above, please contact the City of Windsor via email at email@example.com. City of Windsor and County of Essex staff will coordinate the pick up of items, beginning on Monday, March 23 in any area of region.