CEO and Chief Nursing Officer Theresa Marentette has released the following statement regarding infectious disease management during the current labour disruption.
ONA Strike and Impacted Client Services
Main Page Content
Employees of WECHU represented by the Ontario Nurses' Association (ONA) are exercising their legal right to strike and have voted for a work stoppage.
The Windsor, Leamington, and Essex offices will remain open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Service delays are expected during the strike. Unfortunately the following services are cancelled:
- Healthy Schools Program (school nurses)
- School Immunization Clinics for Grade 7 Students
- School Suspension Program (For Incomplete Immunizations)
- Healthy Families Home Visiting Program for New Moms;
- Breastfeeding Clinics;
- Sexual Health and Family Planning Clinics;
- Nurse Practitioner Clinics (Pre-natal and Sexual Health);
Your patience and understanding is appreciated as we work to minimize service interruption during the ONA strike. The health and wellbeing of our clients continue to be our top priority.
Notification of service disruptions will be posted on this website regularly, shared on social media, and are also available by calling 519-258-2146.
All other programs will continue to be provided to the community. For any questions regarding impacted client services, please call 519-258-2146.
Programs and services offered for pregnant families and families with children (birth to school entry).