For Immediate Release
Wednesday, October 4, 2023 | 5:45 PM | Essex County
Dr. Mehdi Aloosh, Medical Officer of Health, has rescinded a Boil Water Advisory issued on September 13, 2023 for waterline consumers serviced by the Wheatley Water Distribution System, specifically:
- 3rd Concession Waterline Association
- 3rd & 4th Concession Waterline Association
- KOA Waterline Association
- Richardson Sideroad Waterline Association
- Tecumseh Road Waterline Association
- Tilbury Townline Waterline Association
- Cedar Inn Waterline Association
- Leamington (Wheatley) Distribution System
The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit advises users that based on sufficient water pressure, adequate chlorine levels, and water free of bacterial contamination, the Boil Water Advisory is no longer in effect.
The Chatham-Kent Public Utilities Commission (PUC) continues to work to ensure that water is available for everyone and ask that water conservation efforts continue. Water conservation means avoiding water consumption activities such as lawn watering, car washing, filling of hot tubs, and all other non-essential uses of water supply.
As repairs continue at the Wheatley Water Treatment Plant, the Municipality of Chatham-Kent and Chatham-Kent PUC will continue to update the dedicated “Let’s Talk” page, located at www.chatham-kent.ca/waterstatus with information on the progress.