Your Child’s Immunization Record

Photo of Personal Immunization Record

Every child should have a yellow card that keeps track of their immunizations.

It’s the parent’s job to keep the card updated, and to report immunizations received by their child to the health unit.  

As a parent, you can keep your kids of all ages healthy with routine vaccinations.  Health care providers, including doctors, do not report immunization dates to us.

Any time your child receives an immunization, please update your child’s vaccine record at For more information on how to update your child’s immunization records online and what you’ll need to get started, watch this short video where a WECHU Public Health Nurse explains how parents can report their child's immunization record online.


Education Video: Public Health Nurse explains how parents can report their child's immunization record online.

How do I report vaccinations and/or view my child’s immunization record with the Health Unit?

  1. To view your child’s immunization record online, visit This will only show you which vaccines have been reported to the WECHU. You may need to update your child’s immunization record, if your child received vaccines that are not listed on their immunization record.
  2. To report your child’s vaccinations to the Health Unit:
    1. Visit
    2. Fax 519-258-7288
    3. Call 519-258-2146, ext. 1222
    4. Mail or bring your child’s records to our Windsor or Leamington offices.

How do I request a paper copy of someone’s (i.e., your own or your child’s) immunization record from the Health Unit?

  • Visit to see the immunization record. You can download a copy and print it whenever you need it.

What if I choose not to immunize my child?

Under the Immunization of School Pupils Act R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 645, students must be immunized against meningococcal, measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio and varicella (for those born on or after January 1, 2010) or have a valid Medical, or Conscience or Religious Belief exemption on file at the Health Unit.