Virtual Prenatal Breastfeeding Classes
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED:
Call the Healthy Families Hotline at 519-258-2146 ext. 1350 to register.
Join this free, 2-hour class to prepare yourself for breastfeeding before your baby is born. Parenting partners are encouraged to join.
During this class, you will learn how to:
- prepare to start breastfeeding (what to expect during the first week)
- identify when your baby is hungry and when your baby is full
- latch your baby to your breast
- position your baby in a way that is comfortable for you and baby
- assess if your baby is getting enough breastmilk
- prevent and address breastfeeding concerns (e.g., engorgement, supply issues)
- access community breastfeeding supports