Alcohol is the most common drug used by those living in Windsor-Essex County. When it comes to drinking alcohol, drinking less is always best because alcohol:
- Costs Canadians billions of dollars each year.
- Is related to breast, mouth, throat, voice box, esophagus, and colon cancer.
- Is a burden to the health care system.
- Is closely linked with male aggression.
- Is the most common date rape drug.
- Is the cause of fetal alcohol syndrome disorder.
For more information:
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health – Saying When: a mobile app that offers those who want to reduce or quit drinking alcohol, the ability to track and manage their drinking habits
- Rethink Your Drinking Campaign
- Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction’s Low Risk Drinking Guidelines