Working Toward Wellness Luncheon Series
Main Page Content
The WTW Luncheon Series is an opportunity for workplaces to learn more about relevant wellness topics, and network with local workplaces to share successes and learning opportunities.
Working Toward Wellness Luncheon Series 2019: Managing Opioids in the Workplace: What Employers Need to Know
Speaker: Gillian Stager
Health Promotion Specialist, Windsor-Essex County Health Unit
Date: June 26, 2019
Time: 11:00am - 1:30pm
Location: Caboto Club
2175 Parent Ave, Windsor, ON N8X 4K2
For more information:
519-258-2146, ext 3200
The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit and the Working Toward Wellness Committee are pleased to present the 2019 Working Toward Wellness Luncheon Series. Come learn about the Windsor Essex Community Opioid and Substance Strategy, a community driven action plan that seeks to address substance use, and how attendees can play a role in responding to local needs.
The presentation will also provide information on opioids and their effects and associated health and safety risks. Including:
- Strategies on how to create a safer and healthier workplace
- Workplace policies
- Employee assistance programs
- The need for supervisor training to understand the signs of impairment
- Benefits of employee education on appropriate pain management
Locally developed resources on where to get help for substance use dependence will be discussed, along with information about the role and value of naloxone kits to prevent an opioid overdose in the workplace.
Plan to arrive at 11:00 a.m. There will be a number of information booths hosted by community partners to share information and resources that are relevant to workplace wellness programs. The first hour of the luncheon is intended for networking and resource sharing, to allow attendees to connect with other like-minded individuals to learn about strategies that they can implement within their own workplace.
Name of Contest: Luncheon Series 2019 Survey Contest
- There shall be two prizes for the completion of the survey. Each prize consists of a $25 grocery store gift card.
- This Contest is open to Windsor-Essex County, Ontario residents 18 years and older only. Employees of WECHU, as well as such employees’ immediate family or persons living under the same roof are not eligible for prizes being offered to the general public. This Contest is open to attendees of the Luncheon Series 2019 on June 26, 2019.
- The chance (odds) of being selected as one of the two winners of the feedback survey contest is dependent on the number of contestants who complete the Luncheon Series 2019 survey and enter the random draw.
- Before claiming any prize, winners will be required to correctly answer a skill-testing question administered by the WECHU.
- There are no external sponsors for this event.
- Click here for full contest rules.