Our Health Unit provides breastfeeding education and support in the following ways:
- Prenatal Breastfeeding Classes
- Healthy Families Hotline
- Breastfeeding Clinics
- Well Baby and Child Drop-in Clinics
For information about online and other local breastfeeding supports, go to our Breastfeeding Resources.
Mothers benefit from the support of other mothers who are breastfeeding, such as a friend or relative who is breastfeeding or who has recently breastfed. You can also meet other breastfeeding mothers through:
- Parenting and Family Literacy Centres- English Centres
- Parenting and Family Literacy Centres- French Centres
- Ontario Early Years Centres
Introduction of Solids
Best Start’s Feeding Your Baby From Six Months To A Year is a great resource that can help you learn about:
- When and how to start your baby on solid foods
- How you can make homemade baby food
- Safety and Allergies
For more information on starting solid foods or for a free copy of Feeding Your Baby From Six Months To A Year, you can contact our Healthy Families Hotline at 519-258-2146 ext. 1350 or send us an email.