Food Handler Self Inspection Checklist
Main Page Content
As an owner or operator of a food premise, you can use this checklist as a quick guide to help you in your day-to-day operations.
- Thermometers are present for all cold storage units.
- Cold foods are kept at 4°C (40°F) or less.
- Frozen foods are kept at -18°C (0°F) or less.
- Cooked foods are cooled from 60°C to 20°C (140°F to 68°F) within 2 hours.
- Cool foods from 20°C to 4°C (68°F to 40°F) within 4 hours.
- Probe thermometers are present for food preparation.
- Hot foods are thoroughly cooked to minimum internal food temperatures.
- Hot foods are held at 60°C (140°F) or more after cooking/rapid re-heating.
- Re-heated foods are warmed to the original cooking temperature within 2 hours.
- Raw foods are separate from ready-to-eat foods.
- Foods are protected from contamination (e.g., covered, labelled, sneeze guards, etc.).
- Food contact surfaces and equipment (e.g., utensils, cutting boards, counters, etc.) are properly cleaned and sanitized.
Hygiene and Cleaning
- Constant supply of hot and cold potable running water.
- Separate hand washing basin is in each preparation area with hot and cold running water, soap or detergent in a dispenser, and paper towels.
- All staff wash hands thoroughly before and after handling food.
- Food handlers use proper utensils to minimize direct hand contact with cooked or prepared food.
- Premise is kept free from rodents and insects.
- Waste regularly and properly disposed.
- Floors, walls, and ceilings are clean and maintained.