Due to COVID-19, the Home Visiting Program is not providing home visits. Support and services are provided by telephone and videoconference.
We want all children, from birth to school entry, to have a healthy start in life. To do that, we support all pregnant women and those with children from birth to school age, by giving every new mom information on infant and child development, community resources, and contacts for local services.
We can provide families who are in need of more support with home visiting. Home visits from our Public Health Nurses and Family Home Visitors can help you learn more about:
- Having a healthy pregnancy and birth.
- Connecting with your baby and how to play with your baby or child.
- How children grow and develop and what you can do to help.
- Teething, discipline, safety.
- Being a parent.
- Breastfeeding, food and healthy nutrition.
- Taking care of yourself and your family.
- Other services in the community to help you and your family.