October 2022 Board of Health Meeting - CEO Quarterly Compliance Report - July 1, 2022 - September 30, 2022 Other
Planning and Strategic Initiatives Department
JULY 1, 2022 TO SEPTEMBER 30, 2022
- For the period covered by this CEO Quarterly Compliance Report:
- The undersigned has personal knowledge of the matters herein reported or has made due inquiry with respect to the same.
- Except as reported in any previous CEO Quarterly Compliance Report, the undersigned reports as follows:
- that the Health Unit has been in material compliance with all laws, regulations, orders, judgments or decrees applicable to it. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing the Health Unit is current in respect of all tax and related withholding and remittances required by law;
- the Health Unit has been in material compliance with its By-laws;
- the Health Unit has been in material compliance with all other Board resolutions;
- the Health Unit has been in material compliance with all contracts and commitments to which the Health Unit is a party including without limitation all funding and accountability agreements;
- the Health Unit is current with respect to the payment of all remuneration (including salary and benefits) to its employees;
- there are no material variances between what is contemplated by the Operational Plan and what in fact transpired or appears likely to transpire;
- more specifically, no material changes are required in respect of financial resource allocation plans to address shifts in need and capacity;
- no material adverse change has occurred in the operations of the Health Unit or its assets and liabilities taken as a whole;
- there have been no material breaches of the Ethics Code of Conduct by anyone who is subject to it;
- there were two unplanned termination. The first was a non-union employee who chose not to follow WECHU’s updated immunization policy and resigned. The employee has since filed a constructive dismissal claim based on the policy. The second was a non-union staff person with continued performance concerns.
- there have been no claims made pursuant to any insurance policies maintained by the Health unit, except as noted below, and,
- nothing has come to the attention of the undersigned which would materially adversely change any previous CEO Quarterly Compliance Report, except as detailed below:
Items (vi), (vii), and (viii) have been revised due to the COVID -19 pandemic as follows:
The WECHU continues through the Organizational Emergency Response. As such, operations are shifted, including redeployments to meet the needs of the organization. Operational plans and finances are shifted in accordance with current public health demands including the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Item (x). In the period between July 2022 and September 30, 2022 there was an unplanned termination of one non-union position.
Date: September 23, 2022
Chief Executive Officer
I certify that there are no additions to the above compliance report between the period end September 23rd, 2022 and September 30th, 2022.
Date: September 30, 2022
Interim Chief Executive Officer