Our Health Unit is committed to providing programs and services that meet the needs of everyone in our community. We deliver our programs and services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. We recognize that the needs of our residents are diverse and strive to provide services and facilities which are accessible to everyone, including those with disabilities.
- Website accessibility
- Employee Integrated Standard Policy
- Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
- AODA Customer Service Policy
We will make every reasonable effort to make sure that:
- Persons with disabilities have equal opportunity to get, use and benefit from goods and services offered by the Health Unit.
- The goods and services provided to persons with disabilities are the same, or similar, to those offered to others, unless there is another way to let a person with a disability to benefit. The alternate measure may be temporary or permanent.
- Persons with disabilities are offered alternative communication supports/accessible formats that will meet their needs when needed.
- Persons with disabilities can use their own devices when accessing goods or services. These devices may include but are not limited to: support persons, service animals, communication aids, cognition aids, mobility aids and medical aids.
We are committed to meeting the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and all related standards and regulations introduced under this legislation.
If you require additional support or accommodation in the event of an emergency, please notify the person you are meeting with.
How to provide us feedback or request information in other formats
Please complete the following web form to provide us with any feedback or to request for information in other formats.
Printed copies of this form are available at reception in all three locations of the Health Unit.
If you would rather speak to someone at our Health Unit please contact us at 519-258-2146 ext. 3401, or send us an email.
Accessibility Feedback or Request for Information and Communication Form
We welcome your comments and requests to help us improve our services.