Main Page Content
No Waiver by WECHU
The services of WECHU are offered to the residents of Windsor and Essex County. If you reside outside of this area you are welcome to browse our websites but we also encourage you to contact your local public health authorities.
WECHU strives to make all of its websites accessible. If you are not able to access information on a WECHU website, please contact our Communications Department at 519-258-2146 extension 1424. We will then work to make the web content accessible to you.
You may not violate the law in your use of our websites. Further, you may not interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of our websites or with another’s use and enjoyment of them through use of any device, software, routine, imposition of large loads or otherwise.
Your Messages and Posts
WECHU may provide interactive areas on our websites including through third party applications. These may be accessible and visible to the public. Please do not post anything that you wish to keep confidential. You are responsible for your messages and posts. The following additional terms and conditions apply to your use of any such interactive areas:
- You may not use interactive areas for any illegal purpose.
- You may not encourage others to break the law.
- You may not post any material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others.
- You may not post any material that infringes on the privacy rights of others.
- You may not post any material that is defamatory, threatening, abusive, obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate such as lewd, vulgar, or profane comments, ethnic, racial or religious slurs, cyber bullying, depictions of violence and obscenity etc.
- You may not post any material that constitutes an endorsement, advertisement or solicitation of business.
- You may not post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Your messages and postings must be relevant.
- Your messages must be respectful.
- You may not impersonate another person or falsely claim to represent the interests of any group or person.
Responding to your Messages and Posts
Depending on the volume of messages and posts, we cannot commit to responding to everyone. Further, we cannot guarantee that we will understand your message or post completely or respond accurately. You acknowledge that any response by WECHU:
- Is not to be considered to be definitive advice or guaranteed to address your message or post.
- Does not offer medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you have a question about a specific medical condition, you should contact your primary health care provider. If you live in Ontario, you can also call Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911. If you are inquiring about a specific service offered by WECHU (e.g. immunization records), please call us at 519-258-2146. If you have a public health matter and require assistance outside of WECHU regular office hours, you may contact the paging service at 519-973-4510.
If we feel your message or post requires a response and/or a greater level of detail, we may develop a formal response and distribute the information through other channels such as e-mail and WECHU website.
Registration and Passwords
We may provide areas on our websites where you can register, open an account, or similar function in connection with which you obtain a registration, username, password, account and/or other access credentials. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your access credentials and you may not allow any other person to use your access credentials. You will notify WECHU immediately of any unauthorized use or if the same are no longer confidential.
Products and Services
While WECHU may moderate submissions and posts on our website, we are not required to, nor should you expect that we will take action in response to any specific submissions or posts.
WECHU Right to Restrict Use
WECHU reserves the right (but shall not be obligated) in its sole unfettered discretion, at any time and from time to time to bar, block, or otherwise limit or restrict any person’s access to and use of this website and other WECHU websites and to remove or modify any messages or materials submitted or posted, in whole or in part.
The content of this website and all other WECHU websites is the property of WECHU, unless otherwise noted. Such property includes but is not limited to: text, graphics, logos, images and audio and video clips.
Any content submitted by you remains your property but by submitting it, you give WECHU an irrevocable license to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, modify and create derivative works of such content and you agree to waive any moral rights you may have in any such content, all without the requirement to recognize you or make payment of any compensation to you.
WECHU website content may not be reproduced, copied, modified, or published in whole or in part without the express, written consent of WECHU. WECHU encourages community partners and non-profit organizations to request permission to utilize our materials. To ask permission, please contact WECHU at email@example.com and provide the following details:
- a description of the work you hope to use;
- a description of how you intend to use the work, including in what format and how it will be distributed;
- whether it is for commercial gain; and
- the date by which you hope to receive permission.
This website and other WECHU websites may from time to time provide links to other websites. Availability does not mean we have reviewed them or constitute an endorsement by us. WECHU does not assume responsibility whatsoever for the links or the policies or practices with respect to websites accessed through those links. For example, WECHU provides a link to Google Translate. WECHU does not own, manage or control any aspect of Google Translate and is not responsible for the translations provided by Google Translate. WECHU does not make any promises, assurances or guarantees as to the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of the translations provided.
Links provided as references within a web document or page are based on where information was gathered at the time it was written. In some cases, these links may be broken and no longer available. When this occurs, the link text will continue to be listed as the source reference, but without a hyperlink to the original source.
Third Party Material
This website and other WECHU websites may contain material contributed by persons outside of WECHU. Its availability does not mean that we have reviewed it or constitute an endorsement by us.
This website and other WECHU websites may contain advertisements. Unless otherwise specifically indicated by us, WECHU does not endorse or make any kind of representation or warranty with respect to such advertisements.
Down Time and Modification
You acknowledge that our websites or a part of any one or more of them may be periodically unavailable in order to allow for maintenance or other reasons. We also put you on notice that we reserve the right at any time and from time to time to cancel or suspend services, modify, discontinue temporarily or permanently this website or any other WECHU websites, or any part thereof without notice.
Nothing in this website or any other WECHU websites is intended as advice or to meet the specific needs of individuals as individual situations will differ. The information on our websites is presented for general purposes. Website visitors should not act or rely on website information without seeking specific advice from qualified professionals on matters of concern. We will not purposefully present inaccurate information on this website or any of our other websites, however information is supplied “as is” and may contain errors. We do not guarantee or warrant the quality, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, appropriateness, or suitability of website content. Reliance on any information appearing on our websites is at your own risk. We expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions regarding use of this website and any other WECHU websites and their content.
Limitation of Liability
Neither WECHU nor any of its directors, officers, employees, agents, website contributors, assigns and/or those for whom WECHU is responsible at law, shall be liable to you for any expense, loss, or damage suffered by you and/or any other person arising directly or indirectly at any time from the use of this or any other WECHU website or if any such websites are modified or become unavailable, whether reasonably foreseeable or not.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Collection of personal information from you by WECHU through this or any other of its websites and any subsequent use and disclosure by WECHU are subject to our privacy statement.
For more information, please contact us.