Main Page Content
In the spring of 2016, our organization demonstrated our ongoing commitment to provide excellent programs and services to the residents of Windsor-Essex County by beginning our official pursuit of bronze certification.
The bronze certification process with Excellence Canada consisted of a number of activities including:
- An organizational gap analysis.
- A staff survey.
- The development and implementation of a detailed action plan
- Training and development activities.
- Efforts to better understand our clients’ needs and make them the focus of our programs and services.
- Documentation and improvement of internal processes.
On June 16, 2017, our organization was informed by Excellence Canada that we successfully achieved bronze level certification. In addition to being noted as a strategic priority in our current plan, there are a number of reasons that the bronze certification process has added value to our organization. Some of the most notable reasons include:
- It guides us in implementing a long-term strategic focus on excellence, innovation, and wellness.
- It commits us to continuous quality improvement, efficient practices, and accountability.
- It directs our focus towards addressing the needs of our clients and our community.
- It supports our vision, mission, and values.
There are a number of organizational achievements to be celebrated as a result of our bronze certification process including:
- The beginning steps towards a clear and focused client experience strategy that will further demonstrate our commitment to our community and their needs.
- This includes policies related to client experience and diversity.
- Having ways for clients to give feedback on the services they have received to monitor and improve.
- Effective use of our existing communication channels, and the opportunity to improve them, which is also one of our strategic priorities.
- A demonstrated leadership approach focused on providing excellence in our operations.