We believe breastfeeding is important.
The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit (WECHU) supports, promotes, and protects breastfeeding by implementing the Breastfeeding Committee for Canada’s Baby-Friendly Initiative.
- We welcome and support all families!
- We support families to make informed decisions about feeding their babies.
- We support breastfeeding anytime, anywhere!
- We promote breastfeeding as the normal way of feeding a baby.
- We promote exclusive breastfeeding for the first six months of a baby’s life, and continued breastfeeding for up to two years and beyond.
- We train our staff and work with community agencies to support, promote, and protect breastfeeding in Windsor-Essex County.
This is a policy about infant feeding. If you would like more information about this policy
or in your language, please call our Healthy Families Hotline at 519-258-2146 ext. 1350. Thank you.
View our BFI Policy Plaque (PDF).