News Release: Boil Water Advisory Issued for All Users of the Wheatley Water System
Main Page Content
For Immediate Release
Wednesday, January 8, 2020 | 4:00 p.m. | Windsor-Essex County
Dr. Wajid Ahmed, Medical Officer of Health, has issued a Boil Water Advisory for private waterline system users serviced by the Wheatley Water System, specifically:
- 3rd Concession Waterline Association
- 3rd & 4th Concession Waterline Association
- KOA Waterline Association
- Richardson Sideroad Waterline Association
- Tecumseh Road Waterline Association
- Tilbury Townline Waterline Association
- Cedar Inn Waterline Association
- Leamington (Wheatley) Distribution System
The reason for the boil water advisory is due to abnormal water sampling results.
The Health Unit is asking that only bottled water, or water brought to a hard boil for one (1) minute should be used for consumption, infant feeding, or food and ice preparation. For further information on boil water advisories, please visit the Boil Water Advisory webpage.
The boil water advisory will remain in effect until further notice. There have been no illnesses reported to date.
System users are advised to contact the Chatham-Kent Public Utilities Commission here, or at 519-436-0119 for more details.