News Release: Adults 18 Years and Older from Hot Spot Postal Codes and Adults 50 Years and Older from the Other Postal Codes Can Now Book an Appointment for a COVID-19 Vaccine
Main Page Content
Issued: Monday, May 3, 2021 | 9:30 a.m. | Windsor-Essex County
More phase 2 priority populations will be eligible to book an appointment on Thursday morning.
As of 8 a.m., adults 18 years and older living in ‘hot spot’ postal codes of N8X, N8Y, N9A, N9B, N9C, N8H, and N9Y can now book an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccine at the following targeted vaccination clinics:
- The Nature Fresh Farms Recreation Centre (NFFRC) in Leamington,
- 1407 Moy Clinic, or
- Windsor Hall (former Windsor Star building).
In addition, adults 50 years of age and older, born in 1971 or earlier are now eligible to book an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccine at any targeted vaccination clinic.
- WFCU in Windsor
- St. Clair College Sportsplex in Windsor
- Windsor Hall Downtown Windsor
- 1407 Moy Clinic
- Libro Centre in Amherstburg
- Nature Fresh Farms Recreation Centre in Leamington
On Thursday, May 6th at 9:30 a.m., the following phase 2 priority population groups in Windsor and Essex County will be eligible to book an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccine at any targeted vaccination clinic:
- The first group of essential workers who cannot work from home (see page 20 of Ministry of Health resource).
The Pfizer BioNTech or Moderna vaccines are being administered at the targeted vaccination clinics and appointments are required with no walk-ins permitted. All appointments at targeted COVID-19 vaccination clinics are currently for first doses only and must be scheduled through a single dedicated online booking system or by calling the vaccination booking call centre at 226-773-2200.
Everyone that schedules an appointment will be asked to attest that they meet the current eligibility criteria to book an appointment. They will also be asked to bring a health card or a government-issued photo ID (if they do not have a health card) to confirm their appointment. Examples of acceptable government-issued photo ID include a driver's license, a passport, a Status Card, or other provincial health card. Public Health takes vaccine prioritization seriously. Providing false information may result in cancellation of your appointment.
Windsor and Essex County residents living in “hot spot” areas who have been scheduled for a vaccine can contact Vets Cab at (519) 256-2621 or Sun Parlor Taxi at (519) 326-9063 to take advantage of the Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce program and arrange free transportation. Residents who require wheelchair accessible taxi services can contact Checker Cab at (519) 254-7777.
Transit Windsor is currently offering a Vaccine Free Ride program for all individuals requiring transportation services. This service provides free round-trip service to those being vaccinated – simply let the bus operator know you are traveling to or from your vaccination appointment to receive your free trip. Please use the Transit Windsor website to help you in plan your trip.
As more COVID-19 vaccines are provided to our region and more vaccination clinics and sites become operational, we will continue to add additional priority groups in the eligibility criteria. Despite the vaccine rollout, we must continue to practice public health measures to help prevent further spread of COVID-19 in our community:
- Maintain a 2 metre distance from others.
- Limit your contacts to your household only.
- Wash your hands with soap and water thoroughly and often.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Use a medical or non-medical mask (e.g., cloth) in public settings.
- Cover mouth & nose with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Stay home and do not go to work or school if you are sick.