News Release: 12+ Pop Up COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics in Lakeshore and Essex This Week
Main Page Content
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, May 31, 2021 | 9:30 a.m. | Windsor and Essex County
The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit has organized two pop up clinics in the County of Essex this week with the support of the Municipality of Lakeshore and the Town of Essex. On Tuesday, June 1 in Belle River at the Atlas Tube Centre and on Thursday, June 3 in Essex at the Essex Centre Sports Complex, a pop up clinic will be open to children and youth 12 to 17 years of age and any family member 18+ who needs their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. These pop up clinics are for walk-ups only, no appointment is required. Youth must be 12 years of age or older on the day of vaccination.
Pop Up COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics:
Atlas Tube Recreation Centre in Lakeshore
Tuesday, June 1 from 12 noon to 7 p.m.
447 Renaud Line
Belle River, ON
Essex Centre Sports Complex
Thursday, June 3 from 12 noon to 7 p.m.
60 Fairview Avenue West
Public health measures will be in place for everyone's health and safety. Everyone in attendance is expected to:
- Wear a mask at all times.
- Sanitize hands.
- Practice physical distancing from others (at least 2 metres).
Identification Document (ID) that shows who individuals are and where they live must be provided. Examples of acceptable ID include:
- Driver’s license
- Health card
- Student card
- Other forms of ID such as registered mail, work ID, or pay stub
Despite the vaccine rollout, please continue to practice public health measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community:
- Maintain a 2 metre distance from others.
- Limit your contacts to your household only.
- Wash your hands with soap and water thoroughly and often.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Use a medical or non-medical mask (e.g., cloth) in public settings.
- Cover mouth & nose with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Stay home and do not go to work or school if you are sick.
For more information about COVID-19 vaccine booking and eligibility, please visit http://www.wevax.ca. For comprehensive information about COVID-19 vaccines including facts, myths, FAQs, vaccination statistics, and more, please visit wechu.org. You can also subscribe to receive email updates from the Windsor Essex County Health Unit about COVID-19 vaccines.