ALERT: Potential public exposure: customers and visitors advised to monitor for Symptoms of COVID-19
Main Page Content
Sunday, August 30, 2020 | 2:30 PM | Windsor-Essex County
The WECHU is notifying the public of potential risk of COVID-19 exposure at the following locations and dates:
Xanadu Gym, 446 Advance Blvd., Tecumseh
Dates of potential exposure: August 19th, 20th, 21st, 25th and 26th
Tim Hortons, 5775 Malden Rd., Windsor
Date of potential exposure: August 25th
The WECHU has received a report that individuals, positive for COVID-19 attended these locations while infectious. The WECHU is identifying close contacts of the positive cases through contact tracing efforts, and will notify close contacts directly to provide further direction.
Out of precaution, the WECHU is notifying the public because there is a potential risk of COVID-19 exposure to the individuals who visited these locations on the specified dates. Both locations have taken proper precautions and both facilities have voluntarily closed for cleaning. Anyone who visited the Tim Hortons on Malden Road or Xanadu Gym on Advance Blvd. on the identified dates are being asked to take the online COVID-19 Self-Assessment, monitor themselves for symptoms, and if any symptoms develop, contact their primary care provider, or go to an assessment centre.
There is no known risk to anyone who attended these locations outside of the specified dates.
“We understand that symptoms of COVID-19 can be mild and may be easily dismissed. It is imperative that the residents understand the symptoms of COVID-19 and continue to stay home when they are ill, take the online COVID-19 self-assessment and get tested for COVID-19.” Said Dr. Wajid Ahmed, Medical Officer of Health
To protect yourself from COVID-19:
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly;
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve or a tissue;
- Keep surfaces clean and disinfected;
- Stay home unless it is essential to go out and stay home when you are sick;
- Practice physical distancing (2 Metres); and
- Wear a non-medical cloth mask in commercial establishments and in settings where physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Download the COVID Alert app to get notifications of possible exposures to COVID-19
- Business owners can utilize the Safe Return to Business Toolkit and other resources available on the health unit website. https://wechu.org/cv/general-recommendations-businesses-workplaces