Effective Monday, April 11, 2016 at 8:30 a.m., the Leamington office of the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit (WECHU) will be in the Community Hub 33 building located at 33 Princess Street. The new Leamington office is expected to be fully operational on Monday, April 18. Minimal public health services will be provided from the new Leamington office the week of April 11.
Q:Where is 33 Princess Street located in Leamington?
Q: Will public health services continue to be provided at 215 Talbot Street East?
A: No, all Leamington Health Unit services will be moved to the Community Hub 33 building on April 18
Q: What services will you be providing at the new Leamington location?
A: The following public health services will be provided at the new Leamington location on Monday, April 18:
- Oral (Dental) Health Clinic
- Health Inspection services such as tick submissions, water samples, and radon kit drop offs.
- Sexual Health Clinic with a Public Health Nurse every two weeks and by appointment only. Sexually Transmitted Infection testing and treatment and provision of no or low cost birth control with a prescription and free condoms.
- Sexual Health Nurse Practitioner Clinics every Tuesday. Walk-ins welcomed and no Health Card required
- Nurse Practitioner Care Clinics for prenatal clients and children up to the age of 6 years occurs once a week and by appointment only.
- Heathy Families Breastfeeding Clinic Services by appointment only.
- Immunizations for school aged children will continue to take place once per month and by appointment only.
- Vaccine distribution
- Smoking cessation resources and support
- Smoke free signage and enforcement staff
Q: How many staff will be housed at the new location?
A: It is estimated that the Health Unit will initially have 30 staff at the new Leamington office with more staff moving to the new location in the coming months.
Q: Will the Health Unit be the only social service agency in the new building?
A: Employment and Social Service – Ontario Works and the Windsor-Essex Children’s Aid Society are sharing this new office building with the Health Unit. Working together over the last few months, the three partners built a shared space to provide more service, care, and resources in one centralized location for the community.
Q: Who can I contact if I have any further questions about the Leamington move?