Luncheon Series 2019 Survey Contest
Main Page Content
Name of Contest: Luncheon Series 2019 Survey Contest
WARNING! These Contest Rules affect your legal rights. Read them carefully!
In these Contest Rules, “WECHU” means the Board of Health for the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit and includes its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, contractors and other agents, plus the successors and assigns of each of the foregoing.
- PARTICIPATING IN CONTEST
- By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Contest Rules.
- You also agree to be bound by the Contest related decisions of the WECHU, which decisions may be made in the sole discretion of the WECHU and shall be final and binding in all respects.
- You also consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as contemplated by these Contest Rules.
- HOW TO ENTER
- The Luncheon Series 2019 Survey Contest runs from June 26, 2019 at 8:30 a.m. to July 3, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
- No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win.
- To enter the survey contest, click here to complete the online survey.
- This Contest is open to Windsor-Essex County, Ontario residents only. Employees of WECHU, as well as such employees’ immediate family or persons living under the same roof are not eligible for prizes being offered to the general public.
- This Contest is open to attendees of the Luncheon Series 2019 on June 26, 2019.
- Contestants must be age 18 or over.
- The WECHU reserves the right to at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility in a form acceptable to the WECHU. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification.
- Any submission to the Luncheon Series 2019 Survey Contest through the website will be deemed to be a “Submission”.
- Any Submission deemed by the WECHU to be inappropriate or not suitable may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the WECHU.
- Submissions must not violate the requirements of the software used in the Contest.
- By making a Submission you represent and warrant that it:
- is original to you and all right, title, and interest (including copyright) therein and thereto is owned and/or controlled by you;
- does not violate any applicable law;
- does not infringe upon the intellectual property or other statutory or common law rights of any third party;
- does not violate the requirements of any social media used; and
- is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic, or obscene.
- Submissions become the sole property of the WECHU and you waive any moral rights you may have.
- You acknowledge that the WECHU may publish Submissions in whole or in part on any medium, including without limitation, social media and the WECHU’s website for the purposes of promoting Nutrition Month and healthy eating.
- There is a limit of one Submission per contestant per week. Submissions in excess of this limit will be disqualified.
- There is a limit of six Submissions per contestant for the grand prize, based on participation of weekly tasks throughout the event. Submissions in excess of this limit will be disqualified.
- There shall be two prizes for the Luncheon Series 2019 Survey Contest. Each prize consists of a $25 grocery store gift card.
- Prize(s) shall be as is and may not be exchanged or refunded for an amount of money, sold, or transferred.
- You are only eligible to win, at maximum, one weekly prize and one grand prize. The odds of being selected as a winner are dependent on the number of contestants who enter the Contest. The WECHU is unaware of how many contestants there may be.
- Once being notified as the winner, you must claim your prize within 10 business days at one of the WECHU Offices (i.e., Windsor, Essex, or Leamington) during our hours of operation. Failure to do so will result in forfeiting of the prize. A new winning contestant will be chosen by random draw.
- PROCEDURE FOR AWARDING PRIZES
- Two winners will be selected by random draw from the number of entries for the Luncheon Series 2019 Survey Contest.
- In the event that there is an error of any sort resulting in more winning contestants than prizes, then winners will be selected by random draw from among such group.
- The WECHU will attempt to notify selected winners through the contact information provided. Selected winner(s) must respond as directed by the WECHU, within five business days of notification. Failure to do so may result in disqualification. The WECHU assumes no responsibility for any failure in communications from or to the selected winner(s).
- In the event that selected winner(s) do not respond within five business days of notification, a new winning contestant will be selected by random draw among remaining eligible contestants.
- Before claiming any prize, winners will be required to correctly answer a skill-testing question administered by the WECHU.
- Winners may be required by the WECHU to acknowledge receipt of the prize in writing and that it is subject to these Contest Rules.
- Contestants who are not winners will not be notified.
- These Contest Rules shall be deemed to be amended to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any entity having jurisdiction over the WECHU.
- The WECHU further has the right to amend these Contest Rules, and to suspend or to terminate the Contest at any time, for any reason or no reason whatsoever, without notice, liability or further obligation to any contestant.
- The WECHU has the right to disqualify you, if in the opinion of the WECHU you have breached these Contest Rules or in any way acted inappropriately, including without limitation, by being untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading.
- Any attempt by you to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest, is a violation of these Contest Rules and may be a violation of criminal and civil laws.
- You acknowledge that the WECHU assumes no liability for any loss, damage or injury, including without limitation: (i) lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late, destroyed, illegible or incomplete Submissions or entries; (ii) loss, theft or damage to software or computer or telephone data, including any breach of privacy; (iii) fraudulent calls; (iv) inability of any person to participate in the Contest for any reason including technical, computer or telephone malfunctions or other problems with computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, or software; congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination of the foregoing; (v) damage to any person’s computer, including any material relating to the Contest; (vi) any delay or inability to act resulting from an event or situation beyond their control, including a strike, lockout or other labour dispute at their location or the locations of the organizations and businesses whose services are used to administer this Contest.
- You release and hold the WECHU harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to you, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any related activity.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the WECHU from and against all claims, demands, causes of action, suits or other proceedings, liabilities, costs, sums, damages and expenses (including legal and other professional fees), by whomsoever made and whether direct, indirect or consequential resulting from, occasioned by or attributable in any way to your acts or omissions and/or any breach by you of these Contest Rules. For greater clarity, this indemnity is not limited to third party losses and specifically includes the first party losses of the WECHU.
- You acknowledge that the Contest is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by the provider of any social media used in this Contest, including as applicable, Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter and you completely release all such social media providers from any and all claims in connection with this Contest.
- Notwithstanding any other provision, any particular entitlement, right or remedy of the WECHU provided for in these Contest Rules, these Contest Rules do not preclude the WECHU from any other entitlement, right or remedy available at law or otherwise and further, no right or remedy is exclusive or dependent on any other entitlement, right or remedy and the WECHU may exercise any one or more of its entitlements, rights or remedies independently or in combination, such rights, entitlements or remedies being cumulative and not alternative.
- These Contest Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
NOTICE: The personal information collected by the WECHU in connection with the Contest, is collected under the legal authority of the Health Protection and Promotion Act. It will be used and disclosed for the purposes of administering the Contest and as otherwise contemplated by these Contest Rules. For more information about the WECHU’s personal information handling practices or if you have questions concerning the collection of personal information as contemplated by these Contest Rules, please contact:
Neil Mackenzie | Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Manager | Health Promotion Division
Windsor-Essex County Health Unit
1005 Ouellette Avenue, Windsor, N9A 4J8
Ph. 519-258-2146 ext. 3101