Safe Return to School Toolkit
Access the Online COVID-19 School Screening Tool
Main Page Content
Welcome back to another school year!
We understand that safety and preventing the spread of COVID-19 in our community are at the top of everyone’s minds. To help, we’ve put together resources for parents, caregivers, students, and educators as they get ready for the new school year.
Download a copy of our Safe Return to School Tookit. You’ll find information on key infection control procedures, environmental cleaning and disinfecting procedures, masking, student transportation, guidelines for third party food vendors (e.g., student nutrition programs), and helpful resources and signage to use in schools.
For more specific information, please visit our pages dedicated to parents & students, and educators.
Supporting Students’ Mental Health
Mental health and well-being affects student’s learning and engagement at school. COVID-19 and the restrictions to prevent its spread (e.g., staying at home, school closures, physical distancing) have taken a toll on Canadian’s mental health. As schools reopen, it is important to continue to support students to adapt to their new environments, identify behaviours that may indicate a problem, and offer additional supports when needed.
Here are some resources to access:
- School Mental Health Ontario - Provides information and resources based on your role (e.g., educator, parent, or student), including online courses and training opportunities, and suggestions for actions.
- Mental Health Resources in Windsor and Essex County - A list of programs and services available in Windsor and Essex County to support student mental health.
We wish you a safe and productive school year.
COVID-19 cases in schools and child care centres
- Ontario Government Website
- Windsor Essex Catholic District School Board
- Greater Essex County District School Board
- Conseil scholaire Viamonde (Cas de COVID-19 au sein des établissements Viamonde)
- Conseil Scolaire Catholique Providence