Additional Information for Workers
Main Page Content
Upon arrival to the workplace, workers should be provided with information about how to regularly self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 and how to perform a self-assessment if they become ill. Information should be provided in a language the worker understands, and consideration be given to provide this information in writing and/or orally.
Keep workers up-to-date on the evolving situation, requirements, and health and safety issues.
- All communication must be in a language that the worker understands.
- Ensure workers know how to report an illness in a timely manner, and take action to protect themselves and others when at work or in their accommodation.
- Review signs, symptoms, and methods of transmission of COVID-19.
- Ensure workers know proper hand hygiene, respiratory etiquette, and use of masks.
- Ensure that all lunch rooms, break rooms, change rooms and outdoor areas are designed in a way to allow physical distancing and prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Drinking water fountains should be cleaned regularly and used to fill bottles or cups only
- Avoid the sharing of household items such as dishes, drinking glasses, cups, eating utensils, towels, bedding or other personal items.
- Do not share cigarettes, lighters, or vaping products.
- Consider having a point person for each shift and/or in each accommodation that can address COVID-19 concerns.
- Ensure workers are aware of their rights and regulatory requirements.
- Notify workers of actions taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (e.g. physical distancing and wearing masks)
As with all workplaces, the Occupational Health and Safety Act must be applied. Safety is everyone’s responsibility under the act and all staff should assess and plan to address their tasks with infection control in mind.
Mental Health Supports from Mexico
Local Mental Health Supports
There are also local mental health supports available for Ontario Agricultural Workers. Please print, post and share the following posters:
Fact sheets for employees about COVID-19:
- COVID-19 – English
- COVID-19 – French
- COVID-19 - Spanish
- WECHU Help Prevent COVID-19 Posters (multiple languages).
- Public Health Ontario Poster Resources (multiple languages).
- WECHU Physical Distancing Posters (multiple languages)
- WECHU How to Safely Wear a Mask (multiple languages)
- Instructions for those who may have been in close contact with a person with COVID-19-SP
- Instructions for those with COVID-19 symptoms and have been tested-SP
- Instructions for those with COVID19 symptoms who have NOT been tested-SP
- Help Prevent Spread Workers Cards - 12up - FR, SP, TA
In addition, the Public Health Agency of Canada has materials available in several languages for use, which can be accessed by calling 1-833-784-4397 or e-mailing: email@example.com