Healthy Smiles Ontario
Healthy Smiles Ontario is Changing on January 1
As of January 1, 2016, six publicly funded dental programs will be integrated into the Healthy Smiles Ontario Program. Benefits and programs included in the new Healthy Smiles Ontario Program are:
- dental benefits for children under Ontario Works;
- dental benefits for children under the Ontario Disability Support Program;
- dental benefits for children under the Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities program;
- the Children In Need Of Treatment program;
- the Healthy Smiles Ontario program; and
- Preventive oral health services provided by local public health units.
Children and youth currently receiving dental coverage from the benefits and programs listed above will be transitioned into the new Healthy Smiles Ontario Program and are still eligible for free dental services. More information, including a new dental card, will be mailed to transitioned clients by the Ministry prior to January 1, 2016.
For more information, call our Dental Health Team at 519-258-2146 ext. 1199.