Process to Register as a Delegation for Windsor-Essex County Board of Health Meeting
Main Page Content
By-laws for the Windsor-Essex County Board of Health mention that delegates who wish to be heard can submit in writing. The following is noted in our By-Laws:
How to Register:
- Registration can be effected by submitting a registration request to the Secretary, by noon, at least three days preceding the day of the Board Meeting at which the Delegation wishes to be heard (verbally or in writing). In the event of short notice of the Board meeting this time limit shall be correspondingly reduced.
- The registration request shall be sent by e-mail to such e-mail address as is from time to time designated by the Board or delivered to 1005 Ouellette Avenue, Windsor, Ontario.
Registration requests shall include the following information:
- Name of Delegation
- Contact Information for the Delegation
- Names of Delegation spokespersons, if any
- Business item in connection with which Delegation wishes to be heard and whether Delegation intends to make a verbal presentation and whether the Delegation intends to use any audio visual equipment
- Written materials, if any, shall: be limited to five 8.5” x 11 “ pages; signed by the author, not contain any improper matter in the opinion of the Secretary and meet such other requirements from time to time set by the Board.
Timing for Verbal Presentations
- Registered Delegations shall have an opportunity to make verbal presentation when the particular matter about which they wish to be heard comes up in the normal course of business, in a sequence to be determined by the Chair
- Verbal presentations of Delegations shall be limited to five minutes, subject to that time being extended by the Chair for a further five minutes.
- Board Members may not ask any questions until all Delegations on the agenda item have been heard. Thereafter, Board Members may question Delegations.
- No motions shall be recognized by the Chair during questioning of Delegations but once a motion has been accepted by the Chair, no further representation of questions shall be permitted by or of Delegations.
Delegations shall be subject to the following rules:
- Delegations shall address only those items in connection with which they are registered or have the consent of the meeting.
- Delegations shall not enter into cross debate with other Delegations, Health Unit staff or Board Members